Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You Are Mine

I've been trying an experiment -- to let go of some of my lists.

I am a list person. I thrive on them.

But I've been wondering -- are my lists an act of function, or an act of control?


The exercise has been wonderful -- freeing. Perhaps even enlightening.

I'm letting God direct my day -- leading me from one task to another . . . from rest to projects to reading stories or playing with my boys . . . to going outside or working on something quite unexpected.

Though God's anger against his people is white hot and he's ready to send them off into exile -- he says of his people, "I haven't lost track of a single one of them." (Jeremiah 16:17)

"And guess what daughter?" he says to me,

"I haven't lost track of you either."

Though I think I may fall apart without my lists and without my sense of control, the fact is, I won't.

There is joy in giving it up . . .

Joy in hearing God say, "Elizabeth, you are mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment