Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hard Times

Sometimes God asks us to do things that are difficult.

I don't have very many times in my life when this has happened -- and especially not to a very high degree . . .

Maybe it's to wait.  Or act.  Or move.  Or move on.

I remember dreading going back to work after I had Blazer.  I remember dreading moving to Moses Lake and leaving my church family and home and town.

But both periods of dread turned into unfathomable joy.

Turns out God knew what he was doing.


I just started reading Ezekiel, and let me tell you, that's a strange book.  For instance, God asked Ezekiel to lay on his left side for 390 days and on his right side for 40 days.  Yikes.  Sounds a bit extreme.  The point, I understand (he was bearing the sin of Israel and Judah -- the amount of days equal to the amount of years they had sinned.)  But still.  That's a pretty tough thing to ask someone to do.

Sometimes the hard things God asks us to do don't turn out to be very hard at all.

Other things probably seem ridiculously impossible.  I haven't hit any of those yet.

But again, through it all, God is there.

"I won't leave you.  I won't forsake you.  I know what I'm doing."

Hard times and all.

1 comment:

  1. I learned this back in college. I noticed how much stress I was under, leading up to some test or project. Then, a few weeks later, I had forgotten it. The quote, "This too shall pass" is so true, for everything. For. Everything. Let it go.

    ReplyDelete