Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Soak

I haven't soaked in a tub in a very long time.

I remember it was a lot more fun when I was small -- you could stretch out all the way and not touch any of the sides . . .  your own private ocean.

My hair would swish, swish, swish back and forth.  It felt wonderful.  A release all the way down to my roots.

Today I remember to Soak in God's Word.

Imagine a tub full of Word . . . wet with baptismal promises, hair swishing like the wind of the Holy Spirit, completely covered -- immersed -- in Jesus.

Soaking.

"If you waste your time in overactive energies instead of getting into soak on the great truths of God's Redemption, you will snap when the strain comes . . . Soaking before God is being spent in getting rooted and grounded in God."  --Oswald Chambers, My Utmost of His Highest, Oct. 19

Soaking in God's Word.

All the way down to my roots.

Marvelous.

1 comment:

  1. Wait....so how come you never let me soak the dishes?

    ReplyDelete