Thursday, October 21, 2010

Listening

I'm trying to listen to God's voice everyday.

Though "voice" may not be the right word . . . direction?  nudges?  calling?  taps on the shoulders?

The question always remains:  how do you know if it's God's voice or your own voice babbling in your head?

I've really enjoyed jotting down the "voice" I hear after reflecting on scripture each day.  Many times it repeats and repeats -- which I guess is one way to know if it's really God speaking.

So, as an experiment, I wanted to transfer some of my listen-ings into keystroke:

  • Get rid of the old life.  Live a God-fashioned life -- God's character reproduced in you from the inside out.
  • Learn a life of extravagant love.
  • Honor and submit to your husband -- as he cherishes you.
  • Love much; love well -- so that your love is sincere and intelligent.
  • Simply keep on doing what you've done from the beginning.  -- Philp. 12:12
  • Enjoy your children; just sit down & smile & enjoy.
  • Embrace me and be embraced by me. --Philp 3:8
  • Celebrate God all day, every day -- revel in him.  -- Philp. 4:4
  • I will never disappoint.
  • Enjoy your ministry: your work and your children.
  • Keep doing what you're doing.
  • Keep on doing what you're doing -- in a living, spirited dance.
  • Stay calm.  Mind your own business.  Do your own job.
  • Speak encouraging words.
  • Grab my hand and Follow Me.
  • It's all. about. love.
  • Just keep at it.
  • Be yourself before Me.
  • Keep at your work.
  • I don't break promises.
  • Live Wet.  Live Windy.  Live Robed.
  • Welcome others back.  Forgive.
  • Only Jesus.
  • Listen.  Trust Me.
  • Live with Jesus in the center.
  • Keep at it.
  • You are free to Live all out for Me.
  • Get on with it!  Run for it!  Keep doing what you're doing.
  • Do.  Act.  Live what you believe.
  • Ask Boldly.
  • Stay the Course.
  • Roll up your sleeves and get to work!
  • That's your job: to bless.
  • It's about Me.  Not about you.
  • Stuff is just stuff.  Life is just life.  Memories are just memories.  Here today -- gone tomorrow.  But God is God -- eternal, everlasting -- what else matters?
  • Don't put it off.  Do it now.
  • I won't let you down.
  • It will be worth it.
  • Welcome them.
  • Live a life of love.
  • Relax.  Rest.  Open your heart.
  • Live Passionate.  Live Faithful.
  • I know what I'm doing -- down to the last detail.
  • I made you and I know you -- inside and out.
Well, that's enough for tonight.  Those were from last January and February.  It's fun to go back and read them (live them!) again.

And now it's time for more listening.


Always listening.

Because God is always speaking.

Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I like this one too much to post any jokes about it. This is one I will reread again. Oh, and my joke was going to be about the third one.

    ReplyDelete