Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Be Watered

When a plant is being watered it has no choice whether to be watered or not.  It just is.

So the phrase, "be watered" is a fascinating one to me.

When I hear God calling me to "Be Watered" it makes it seem like I have a choice in the matter.  I can either refuse the water or accept it with wide open leaves.

Though Jeremiah passes a message from God of white-hot anger to the chosen people, there are moments of grace -- moments of the gift of God's goodness:

"Like trees replanted in Eden -- putting down roots near the river [of Life!] . . . never a worry . . . serene and calm through droughts . . . bearing fresh fruit."  Jeremiah 17:7-8

I can go about my day not noticing the dew . . . the wetness . . . the rain . . . the water from God.

Or I can go about my day with my branches reaching high -- arms outstretched -- thirsty for this Water of Life.  I can Be Watered.

Never a worry.  Serene and calm.  Bearing fresh fruit.

What a delight!


"Be Watered," I hear the whisper of God, "You are Mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment