Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bound Yet Free

I just read the bible study in this month's Lutheran Women Today magazine (November 2010).

Topic: Stewardship

Deeper meaning I came away with:

Stewardship is being Bound to Christ yet Free from Chains.


We are bound to Christ -- slaves for him . . . yet not slaves, but stewards who are given the freedom to care for God's people and creation.  We are compelled to care for others with our time, talents and resources: the weak, the outcast, the outsider, the whole body of Christ, the creation, our family, and ourselves.  We are trustworthy in our serving out of response to God's gifts of love to us.

"Stewardship is an expression of our faith, and it is a communal experience." --Emily Hansen pg. 35


"Perhaps this is the mystery you call me to steward, that you love me and each of us regardless of our affection for or claim on you.


Perhaps this is what it means to be bound to Christ, to not be able to get away.  


I am not bound to restrict me, but bound in order to give me a root for my blossoming.


I need your nutrients, God.  I simply cannot be without you.


Help me spend myself, and all that you have given me, for the sake of the world.  Amen."  --Catherine Malotky, pg. 42




Bound yet Free.

Free to give . . . free to serve . . .  free to love the world.

All the while bound in Christ's loving arms.

Stewards for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment