Saturday, November 10, 2012

Student

I am a student.

I've always loved being one.

I like to research and dig and read . . . and not form an opinion until I've got a handle on the subject.


I don't have a lot of time to research and dig and read these days . . . but when I do . . . I highly enjoy it.


Today, as my kids sit and stare at Elmo's World, I am a student of the Bible.

I love studying the Bible and coming away with more questions than answers.

That's the best way.



I push myself.

I push myself when I study, when I read, when I dig and try to understand.  I push myself when I run.  I push myself when I'm decorating a Spiderman birthday cake.


When you combine one who loves being a student and one who pushes themselves . . . well, you get someone that has the potential to annoy.

(I can pretty much guarantee I was annoying to high school and college classmates.  Probably to people who know me today. . .  I was the one who read the text books cover to cover.  And asked questions.  And worked until I understood what the heck was going on.  Yeah.  I was that kid.  I probably still am.)

I don't push myself to be annoying.  Or to be the best.  Or to be perfect.  Or to be better than anyone else.

That wasn't even a thought of mine.


I push myself because I can.  And because I want to.

I push myself out of thankfulness.

I am thankful I have a mind that can grasp and comprehend.
I am thankful that I have a strong, healthy body that can run past my mind's limits.
I am thankful I have the courage to try new things . . . and am willing to make mistakes . . . and can turn mistakes into something new.

I am thankful for new and interesting ways to think about God's Word.
I am thankful for creative endeavors to try.
I am thankful.


Yeah!  I'm thankful!

1 comment:

  1. You are "that kid" and we're thankful for it. -D

    ReplyDelete