Monday, November 12, 2012

Light

Week One Review

-- Created for Relationship --

So I started this Bible study called If Only I'd Known: Living in God's Kingdom on Earth.

It's fabulous.


I'm the type that cannot move on to Week Two until I've reviewed, summed up and written my paper.

Don't worry -- it's a short one.


My favorite experience from Week One was my Feel So Close experiment I wrote about here.  As of this moment, seventy three people have read that blog post.  That kind of makes me giggle . . . because I wonder how many of them now think I'm totally loopy.

Loopy for Jesus . . . right?



When we first moved here, we did a listening prayer exercise during a staff meeting.  I remember looking at a picture of a worn dirt path disappearing into friendly green leaves, summer sun making patterns on the ground.

Through my prayer I heard God saying:

Elizabeth, I have sent you to this place to be a mom and care for my children.

I've reminded myself of that a lot.  I'm here to be mommy to my own three sweets -- but also to so many more of God's precious children.  Babies on up through the great-great grandparents in our church.


This week, through Bible study and more listening prayer, I heard another calling . . . an addition:

I have called you to bring a word of light and hope and joy to my children.  I need you, dear daughter, to be a light . . . to some of my hurting children.  You are called to bring forth change.


That's pretty dangerous to write.

You know . . . vulnerable and all.



Well, I guess on to Week Two.  We'll see what treasures are hidden this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment