Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Singing

I am singing tomorrow during the Thanksgiving Eve worship service.

Seven p.m.

(What does p.m. stand for, anyway?)

I googled it: These abbreviations represent the Latin phrases ante/post meridiem, which mean 'before/after midday

I'm sure I knew that before.


Anyway . . .

I am going to play the guitar and lead the congregation in Psalm 100, written by David Haas.

It is a very fun, upbeat song -- a great choice for Thanksgiving (good job, Donna).

It's got a 3/4 time, which is very fun to play.

The congregation will sing the refrain with me.

And I'll sing the four verses.

It goes up to high "F" -- which is a bit sketchy for my voice -- but when you smile and do it with confidence, either the sketchiness goes away . . . or you miss it but look like you're having a good time anyway.

One of those great theatre rules I learned . . . Don't Apologize.  Just act like it was supposed to happen. That way people will never know.  (Was that supposed to happen . . . ?  Or not . . . ?  I can't tell . . . )


Here's your chorus part, congregation:

We are his people,
the flock of the Lord.


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment