Saturday, November 10, 2012

An Experiment

Ok.

So here's an experiment:


I was reading question number four of my Bible study . . . and it says:

Ask God to bring new revelation of who He is and the difference it makes in your life today.


I picked up my ipod, to drown out the noise around me, so I could pray.


A silly song greeted me . . . well, silly for this exercise.  But I thought, "Well God . . . why not?"


So I closed my eyes.

Turned on the song.

And had a little Jesus dance party.


I couldn't stop smiling.


On to the experiment: (sorry for you non-visual people . . . this is just how I roll)

Close your eyes.

Picture Jesus.  There with you.  Holding your hand.

Listen to this song:  Feel So Close (just click the title and it will take you to it.)

And Go!  (Remember -- close your eyes!)



Ok.  What did you think?

Pretty cool, huh?

It's as if Jesus is singing to us . . . and we are singing to him.


For me, Jesus has my hand . . . and he's taking me on a journey.  We're nearly flying . . . gliding along through the world -- seeing his creation . . . holding his children . . . wind tangling our hair . . .

Robed.

Washed.

Windy.

Bursting with joy.

(Really, how can you not burst with joy when you hear this song?)


What difference does this make in my life today?

All the difference.

Look what life can be!  Look what life is!!

Beauty . . .

          Relationship . . .

                        Clutching the hand of Jesus.


It doesn't get any better than this.


*Side note:  Ryan pointed out to me a while ago that a force field actually keeps things away or apart from each other.  Apparently Calvin Harris didn't know this.  For the sake of the experiment, pretend a force field draws you together -- inseparable.  (Nothing can separate us from the love of God -- not death, or life, or angels, or rulers, or things present, or things to come, or powers, or height, or depth, or anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  --Romans 8:38)

Here's the lyrics, in case you were wondering:


CALVIN HARRIS LYRICS

"Feel So Close"

I feel so close to you right now
It's a force field
I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal
Your love pours down on me, surrounds me like a waterfall
And there's no stopping us right now
I feel so close to you right now

[Dance beat plays]

I feel so close to you right now
It's a force field
I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal
Your love pours down on me, surrounds me like a waterfall
And there's no stopping us right now
I feel so close to you right now

[Dance beat plays]

And there's no stopping us right now

And there's no stopping us right now

And there's no stopping us right now

I feel so close to you right now...



My favorite lyric: your love pours down on me, surrounds me like a waterfall. (Baptism reference, anyone?)

Brilliant!

Thanks, Calvin Harris.

No comments:

Post a Comment