Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Kids

My Wednesday nights have been full of high school youth for fourteen years now.

Youth Group is one of my all-time favorite parts of being a Family & Youth Ministry Director.


My high schoolers are usually pretty awesome.


This is one of my favorite years . . . ever.


What an amazing group of young adults.

Really amazing.


What sets this year apart:

  • Our family's living room (as opposed to a room at church.)  So warm.  So inviting.  So comfortable.
  • Treats!  I've never done treats on a regular basis before.  Sweet treats = sweet smiles.
  • New faces.  All the time.  I have quite the group of evangelists.  They are always inviting their friends.
  • Assortment of ages . . . assortment of friend groups . . . a gathering of those you wouldn't expect outside these doors.  But they are becoming friends.  
  • Curiosity, eagerness and wonder about the Bible . . . about Jesus . . . about imperfect Old and New Testament people that God used -- in spite of their imperfection.
  • Daily texts.  I send a prayer or quote or thought or Bible verse of the day.  Almost every day.  They miss it when I don't.
  • Kindness, compassion, questions, theological thinking, vulnerability, honesty . . . just wow.
  • Laughter.  Joy.  Fun.

These are my kids.


My kids bless me . . . big time.


They are constantly in my heart . . . prayers for them on my lips.


They are a gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment