Thursday, November 8, 2012

Shoveling and Carving

Instead of shoveling a pathway through the extreme mess in our house . . . (a mess created and expected after being on a solo trip for five and a half days . . .)

I have been writing.


Something I love to do.

                 And don't seem to carve enough time to do.


But today I carved.

         And the shovel waits almost willing and ready . . . in the corner.


Today, before getting started on the infinite piles and mess, I picked up my new Bible study -- introduced to me by my new and dear friend.  (Thanks Rachel.)

"I'll just do Day One before I get to my chores."  I thought.


And here I am.  I read the entire book of 2 Corinthians out loud, standing in the kitchen, to myself and any small children wandering through to hear.  Because I wanted to read these two assigned verses in context.  The entire context, it turned out.

I pulled out the four different Bible translations I have at home (could have added a couple more if I had dashed over to church.)  I read chapter three from each translation.

I read the Bible study.

And then answered the question "write your thoughts here"

by dusting off my dear blog . . .

                            . . . and writing my thoughts.


And now it's time for dinner and some baths and bedtime stories.



I can guarantee the mess will be here tomorrow.


So too, tomorrow I have more chances to live Jesus . . . shine Jesus . . . marked by the cross . . . spilling with grace.


Amen? . . .


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment