Thursday, April 5, 2012

Soup Stories

Story One: The Potluck

A batch of oatmeal raisin cookies + three pots of soup + four dinner tables (plus one, makes five) + ten or eleven adults + fifteen children + seven car trips = one very large potluck.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to make soup for two families with new babies . . . and along the way I had a fun friend come to chat and help watch my kiddos while I cooked and delivered meals.  I also got to leave a pot of soup on a door stoop while that mom was out delivering a meal to another new mommy!  Half our soup was sent home with my friend -- and when we sat down to eat, I smiled, knowing four families were "breaking bread" together -- dipping from the same soup pot -- sharing a meal at four-yet-one dinner table(s).  What joy!

Here's a Potluck Diagram for you to study:




Story Two: The Friend

Know what else is pure joy?  Friends.  Good friends.

I felt like I had stepped out of the pages of a book -- having a friend come over to talk . . . and laugh . . . and help watch my kids as I baked cookies and stirred soup and then drove all over town to make the deliveries.

A friend to share soup with.

Isn't that fun?  I think so.



Story Three:  The Most Expensive Pot of Soup Ever

So . . . I got a little token in the mail to help me remember the day I took soup to a friend a couple weeks ago.  To remember it for the rest of my life.

A sweet little memento . . .  in the form of three detailed pictures . . . of my van . . . at an intersection . . . and a little red arrow (apparently . . . )

There I am, trying to turn left and not spill the pot of soup that's been sliding back and forth behind my seat.

I made the turn.

I didn't spill the soup.

And now I'll be contributing $112 to our fine city.

My first ticket ever.

I hope our police officers will enjoy a warm pot of soup, courtesy of The Most Expensive Pot of Soup Ever.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, well not the ticket part! And any time you want to come to Montana with soup...it sounds SO GOOD:)! Love you.

    ReplyDelete