Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Peace

Peace has to be something different than you think it is.

Peace should be, you know, peaceful.

Like having it all together. Never feeling like you're falling behind. Always being caught up and on top of things and in control.

But it isn't like that at all.

And why do I always forget?
 
              Why do I keep having to be reminded?

                                                        Shouldn't I know?

 Peace is something totally different.

 Peace is resting in the middle of the storm -- not even that -- it's leaning on God in the midst of the storm. It's living through the storm in faith. Maybe even throwing your hands up and letting God direct your steps through the overwhelmingness.

Again and again and again I need that reminder.


 
           And Jesus says:

Come to me you who are weary and burdened.

                                                          And I will give you rest.

                                                                                           Matthew 11:28


Come.


No comments:

Post a Comment