Friday, April 6, 2012

Poured Out

Jesus

      poured out

                for us.



Good Friday today -- a day of darkness and death and redemption.



And here we are --

        called to be a Poured Out People.


I like that.

Because life isn't all happiness and bunnies and perfect smiles.

But it's real.  And gritty.  And sad.  And joyful.  And mysterious.  And imperfect.

       We are flooded by imperfection every moment of every day.

  And we're wrapped in Jesus' arms . . .

                         which were outstretched

                                       for us.


What does it mean to be a Poured Out People?

For me, it means to give more than I'm comfortable giving . . .
     
              to serve more than I'm willing to serve . . .

                         to be a friend to people I normally wouldn't . . .

          to challenge my "I don't have enough time/energy to do that. . ."

  to live out of abundance
                                                 and not fear.

It's a challenge.

And I'm glad it is.


We can be a Poured Out People, because we believe in a Poured Out God

                   who fills us to the brim.

No comments:

Post a Comment