Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mish Mash

I just finished reading Chapter Two in Stressed-Less Living by Tracie Miles.  I had a few reflections from that chapter that don't warrant their own blog posts.  But I didn't want to pass them up.

So what do you do in moments like that?

I guess you write a mish-mash post.

Like this one:


"[To] feel safe and Loved... God created us to hunger for those sweet emotions." pg. 46

Ah yes.

Safe and Loved.

Those are sweet emotions that I hunger for.

Beautiful.



"Help me to seek out [God's] ways and [his] desires each morning when I awake.  I pray for ... supernatural intervention in my life and in my heart." pg. 52

What a beautiful prayer to wake with every morning.

Wonderful.


"Peace is not ... based on people or circumstances ... on personal desires being met ... on a quiet house ... on an easy day at work ... Peace [is] based on trusting God in all things, not just the easy things we can handle with no problem. ... That is the kind of of peace only Jesus can give, and, once we get a taste of that kind of peace, we are never the same again."  pg. 56-57 (emphasis added)

Never the same again.

Amen.


You know what I discovered in this chapter?  An action I need to take in my life?

TAKE CARE OF IT, ELIZABETH.  JUST DO IT.  TODAY.

My piles overwhelm and overtake me.

I hear:

Elizabeth, put it away.  Elizabeth, take care of it NOW.  Take the time to PUT IT AWAY TODAY.

Some people can leave dirty dishes in the sink and a bit of mess in the living room.  But if I do that, I slide down a slippery slope.  Very slippery.  Very slope-y.  And all of a sudden six months pass in a mess.

So my action step is to TAKE ACTION!  Every day.  No matter what.

Whoo Hoo!


What's your action step?


Let's do this thing!

Together.

With Jesus.  (of course)

The best partner one could ever have . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment