Thursday, April 18, 2013

New Leaf

Today I'm turning over a new leaf.

How many times can a person really turn over a new leaf?

I guess an infinite amount of times . . .

               . . . as many moments as there are in life.

      Each moment could be a chance at newness.

       Each moment could be a leaf turn.


For breakfast I ate:

1. a hard boiled egg
2. buttered piece of whole wheat toast
3. a very delicious ripe tomato
4. glass of skim milk


I've eaten a bowl of cereal for breakfast for as long as I can remember.


I'm coming to the realization that the food I put in my body may be affecting me.  I eat too much sugar. I am addicted to it.  My children are too.  We all eat way too much sugar.

I am conducting an experiment of sorts...

Let's see what happens to me . . . to my children . . . when we cut out (cut down on?) sugar and processed foods.

You think there will be a difference?

Seems like there ought to be.


So, it starts today.

This new leaf.


And if I fall down . . .

          . . . there's always more moments for chance at newness.


 Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment