Sunday, November 10, 2013

Anastasis



"We may not understand what the future will be, but we trust that it is new life, new creation, and not a dressed up rehashing of the past."  --Doug Brougher


Fresco from Kariye Camii, Anastasis - showing Christ and the resurrection of Adam and Eve, from Art in the Christian Tradition, a project of the Vanderbilt Divinity Library, Nashville, Tenn. Original Source.


We trust that the future is:

          New Life


                         New Creation


                                      Not a dressed up rehashing of the past...



Like a phoenix emerging from the flames...



"a world in which life will rise out of the ashes of crushed hopes and dreams" -- Richard Swanson



I believe in the swift, strong pull of Jesus' hands -- 


                 pulling us out of our tombs

                                                 our captivity
                                                           our darkness

       Into light

                  into hope
                            into wholeness
                                              and healing.


Keep me, Lord, as the apple of your eye.


Help me to stand strong and sure in you.


Thank you for yanking me from my grave.  Now and in the many deaths to come.



Hold me, Jesus.


I am yours.




No comments:

Post a Comment