Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Stress-Less Living

I recently signed up for an on-line Bible study through Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I like Bible studies.

Some are lame.  Some are amazing.  Some can change your life.

Let's see . . . I'm currently doing four Bible studies.

One I lead on Tuesday mornings.  We're using a curriculum called Cross Ways.  It's mostly informative.  There are a few points that make you think.  But much information handed to you that doesn't make you think too awful much.  I'd probably put this one in the "lame" category.

I lead a Bible study with high school and college youth on Wednesday nights.  We just started reading and exploring the book of Ephesians.  The thoughts and questions that come up . . . are thrilling and exciting.  I love these kids!  (well . . . young adults.)

I'm doing a study of Acts -- Spirit Led Bible Study -- via worksheets and hour-long teaching sessions downloaded from a church located a few hours away.  Most of the time I leave with new insights -- fresh perspective -- flooded with Love.  Nice.  Sometimes I get less out of it.  Sometimes more.

Oh wait.  I teach Sunday school too.  Should I count that one?  I teach 1st and 2nd graders about Bible stories.  We do projects together.  We do motions to songs that we try to sing loudly.  It's fun.

I'm also in the middle of several books that could be considered a type of study -- of God's Word and God's will and whatnot.

And now I'm in this on-line study.  It's called Stressed-Less Living.  It's funny.  When I signed up for this study three or four weeks ago, I was consumed by stress.  A week before the study began, I had a break-through in therapy (Yeah, I'm in therapy.  More on that later.)  Suddenly, I was no longer stressed.  Stress -- completely and totally gone.  Zip.  Zap.  Zoop.  Gone.  I thought to myself, "Hmmm... funny."  Ironic?

Anyway, I'm doing it anyway.

Reading about stress can be stressful.

You know what I mean?

I read the first chapter and the whole time I had to take really big breaths.  Really Big Breaths.  The kind where you have to force the air out through your pursed lips, to get the full effect.

Nice.

I think this book is making me stressed.

Good thing I'm in this study.

But, on an exciting note... I have something to say!  I suddenly was catapulted into thought and feeling and passion and needing to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard.)

I have something to say.

I so I can say it.

Brilliant.

OK Stress-Less Living . . . Bring it!


P.S.  Four (or five ... or six...) Bible studies?  Hmmm.  Think I'm looking for something?

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment