Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mirror Mirror

When I look in the mirror, what do I see?

I see a beautiful woman.

I see a Loved woman.

I see a longing woman.

I see fear in her eyes.  And Joy.  And wonder.  And dreams.  Big dreams.  Hopeful dreams.



But mirrors don't show everything.

Somethings we can't see for ourselves.



Sometimes a better mirror is a person.  Standing in front of you.  Saying, "Wait.  I see something in you."

Sometimes it's something you long to hear.

Sometimes it's something you're afraid to hear.



Are you a person who throws a black blanket over the mirrors?  So that you don't have to see the truth?

Or do you scootch up extra close . . . pore close . . .

                                                                         . . .  and let the light shine in?



Do you let the mirrors in your life speak truth to you?

Do I?



I hope so.

I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment