Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cauliflower Crunching

Moments ago, my sweet little two year old was wandering around the living room, wearing only a diaper, a ponytail, and crunching on a piece of cauliflower.

Oh, bless my soul!

Cauliflower!


We've started to eat differently.  I'm trying to replace treats and sweets with fruits and veggies and hard boiled eggs and the like.

Someday, I hope we're all wandering around the living room (in more than a diaper and a ponytail) munching on cauliflower.

I like this quote from Tracie Miles' book Stressed-Less Living:
"After having read countless details about the Tabernacle (the tent version of the Temple), I had embraced a newfound appreciation for its sacredness and was encouraged by knowing that the Lord actually resided in the Temple in biblical times.  I admired the hours of work that were devoted to building the Tabernacle and the many rules and requirements that God set forth regarding honoring and caring for it... We are now God's dwelling place, instead of a tent or building made by the hands of men. ... God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."  --page 45

I love the images invoked when reading the instructions for building the Tabernacle.  (look around Exodus 26).

The colors!

Blue.
Purple.
Scarlet.

The linens flowing in the wind.

The beautiful pattens and designs and intricate work.

Lovely.


And that is us.

Blue.
Purple.
Scarlet.

Blowing in the wind.

Delicate.  Intricate.  Beautiful.

Lovely.


So really.  Shouldn't we live like we're beautiful?  (because we are.)

Shouldn't we live like we're God's intricate, delicate, beautiful handiwork?  (because we are.)

Shouldn't we take care of God's Temple?  (which is us.)


I want to run more.  Strong and graceful like a gazelle.
I want to eat healthy, life-giving foods.
I don't want to fill my body with sugar and processed craziness and whatnot.
I want to get full nights sleep.
I want to bless my body with special care -- with a massage or a soak.
I want to do things that fill me -- write, play the piano, dance, read a good book, listen to good music, kiss my babies, play outside, feel the wind in my hair.

Lovely.


What about you?
What's on your list?

Let's do it together.

Let's be blue and purple and scarlet beauty -- blowing in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment