Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stillness

Three young children?  Check.

Part-time ministry?  Check.

Husband with crazy shift work?  Check.

House to take care of?  Laundry to do?  Meals to make?  Check, check, check.

Moments of stillness?

                                      Not so much.




I am constantly on the go.  Really.  Non-stop.

I jump out of bed and flow from one-thing-to-the-other       without moments to

                 linger

                          and soak

                                     and sit.



There is an art to finding moments of stillness in the midst of constant action.

An art I enjoy practicing . . . never to perfect (because really, that would take the fun out of it)


So I practice stillness.

     a smile,

                a breath,

                         a moment of wonder . . .


And, if I'm lucky,

               a creamy mug of hot chocolate.
(made with whole milk, of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment