Wednesday, March 14, 2012

So Much

There is so much I could be doing.

      Really.

               So Much.

Of course, there's always all the things I should be doing . . .

but the really exciting ones are the things I could be doing.

In ministry.  At times ideas for home too -- but mostly for ministry.  MOPS and Sunday school and websites and elementary and babies and families and bible studies and book studies and gatherings and fun and healing and wholeness and education and preschool families and MOPS families and young families and multi-generations and high school and confirmation and worship and communication and music and preschool chapel and Christmas programs and Vacation Bible School and the newly baptized and mentoring . . .


My mind is a cacophony of ideas brewing and bubbling --
           restless to become reality.

So many ideas.

My hands just itch to scribble them out on a nearby napkin or kleenex --
 
     pen scratches that add up to sometimes-brilliance.

Ideas: big ones and tiny ones, bold and sweeping ones, somethings and nothings, maybes and wowzers, simple and complex . . . all spilling out on a newly-swept floor.


And now my baby girl is crying for nap time to end and my two boys are noisily wrestling over a red fleece blanket that they both want to snuggle in and shouts and screeches call me back from my pen-scratched notes . . .

to be stuffed back into the kleenex box until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment