Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Youth Group Girls

I love my youth group girls.

Truly.


I've been leading a weekly high school youth group for 13 years now.

It's so cool how they change through the years . . .

             how they stretch and grow

       how the vibe -- the feel -- changes.


Right now we meet in my living room.

Which, I think, has to be my favorite youth group venue of all time.

It's cozy and intimate and the room can be comfortably full with only a few people.

It's got a home-y feel.

          Perhaps because it is a home.

                          You think . . . ?


The temperature and humidity are always good -- the lighting is warm and inviting -- there's not huge empty dark spaces to fill.

                       (This is not always so with a church basement.)


The conversation flows nicely . . . naturally . . . . with lots of humor and joy.


Earlier today, as I made a trek into the church basement for some papers, I thought . . .

     Why didn't we start meeting in our living room years ago?

        It's so awesome!


Anyway, the girls are what make it awesome too.

They are so engaged and curious and ask good questions and tell funny stories . . .

Two girls want to be baptized.

I mean, how amazing is that?!

Super Amazing.


It's a Spirit-Filled youth group year.



And I'm lovin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment