Monday, May 7, 2012

The Belly

I keep getting compliments on my cute little round belly.

Only . . . they're not compliments.

Because I'm not pregnant.

I only look like I am.

Awesome.


I cannot tell you how many "is that a baby belly?" and "are you pregnant . . . ?" and looks and stares and wonders I've gotten in the last two weeks.

It's getting pretty embarrassing.

As one person said, "you don't have an ounce of fat on you . . . so I just thought . . ."

I laugh.

It's funny.

Sort of.

(No.  Not really.)


But it's seriously odd too.

I get it.  I look in the mirror and think, "What the . . . ?  Why do I look four months pregnant?"  And then, when you google things like that you end up with all sorts of crazy possibilities -- from hookworms to cancer to gas and other words I didn't bother pronouncing or looking up.

Of course.

Thanks google.


So . . . my belly is poking out.

And it doesn't matter what kind of clothes I'm wearing -- because people are staring trying to figure it out no matter if my clothes are well fitted or loose fitted . . .

and I should probably give up caring.


But you always do.

Well, at least I do.

Care.


Just a friendly reminder for the world at large . . . don't ask people if they're pregnant based on the size of their belly.  (Don't stare either.  But that's probably an unrealistic request.  Humans are curious.)

Maybe they've had three kids and their belly pokes out . . .

Or they're small chested, so a regular-sized belly looks rounder than it actually is . . .

Or maybe they do have some weird disease from the google possibilities. . .

(I'm hoping for only two out of the three reasons.)

But whatever the reason --

it's kind to just keep your question to yourself.

All you have to do is wait 9 months to see if your prediction is right. . .


or if it's just a belly that needs a bit of extra room.


(Ryan reassures me that people only ask because I look so glowing.

Isn't he a fabulous husband?)


And -- if you happen to be someone who has asked me . . . no worries . . . I'm not referring to you.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. lol! you are hilarious!! I love the commment about having small breasts so a normal stomach looks bigger than normal. I have that same problem!smile! I think you look fantastic...well, you did when I last saw you, and I'm sure you still do! I bet you are glowing!!! What a fabulous comment form your hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete