Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Overflowing Overwhelming

I am overwhelmed by the sheer amount of things I'm supposed to accomplish every day.


And by "supposed to" I mean:

Taking care of three children -- feeding them, brushing their teeth, getting them dressed, doing their laundry . . .

And taking care of a house -- making meals and doing dishes and cleaning bathrooms and floors and sinks and vacuuming and wading through all the stuff we own (we own way too much stuff . . .)

And taking care of paperwork -- sifting through mail and notices and emails magazines and newspapers and piles upon piles of who knows what's all here . . .

And working in a church -- which has its own piles of paperwork and too much stuff overflowing from my back office along with planning and calling and emailing and Bible studies and Sunday school and Youth Group and trips and Vacation Bible School and MOPS and extra things like baptismal banners and ordering things and sifting through money and records and writing newsletters and

just

plain

keeping

up.


I think it's impossible.


Because I can't.

Keep up, that is.




And I am reminded again,

                    of a promise fulfilled

                                                   of hope

                                                                and life

                                                                              and victory

          through The Lamb

                            who shepherds me --

                     gently beckoning me to lie in green pastures;      

                                     leading me beside still waters

           restoring my soul.


My cup overflows.


One day I'm going to have to learn how to live overflowing in the midst of overwhelming.


Maybe I already have.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, you just spoke to my heart!!! Thats how I feel each day! You remind me to keep focus and I appreciate that! I value your wise words and love of Christ! Thanks for sharing on your blog! It makes me smile and my heart warm!
    PS we also share the fun lives of working women, busy mom of three and youth directors...of course with a few extras thrown in their too :)

    ReplyDelete