Saturday, November 30, 2013

Peace



Peace is rocking my three year old in the green glider in her room.  She is heavy against me -- the full weight of her sinking into my body.  She rests her head on my chest, her arms and legs wrapped around me.

Her eyes are closed.  Her heartbeat quick and small against my own.


We breathe deeply.


inhale

          exhale

                   ...

                       This is peace.



Peace is turning my head and seeing the one who knows me deeply and Loves me for who I am.  It is catching his gaze and sharing a smile over the laughter of my little ones.

I am fully me.  And I am fully Loved.

I catch my breath.

inhale

          exhale

                   …

                      This is peace.



Peace is being curled up on the brown chair, wrapped in my thick green knit blanket.  I feel the tightness on my cheeks where my tears have dried.  I hear words of peace and comfort on the phone after I have endured an intense loneliness -- missing my little ones.

I am calmed.  I am whole.

I sigh deeply.

inhale

        exhale

                  …

                     This is peace.



We do not just fall into peace.


Peace gently covers us

             blending our sorrows, our struggles, our pain, our tears


                                   into Beauty.


It happens when we catch our breath

                      and realize

             that we are fully Loved

                                           for exactly who we are.


We feel the deepest peace with those who cover us with the deepest Love

             with those we Love the deepest.



We feel the deepest peace

                                 after the toughest storms.



Come Lord Jesus.

      inhale

            exhale

                    …

                        Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment