Sunday, December 1, 2013

Unfurl

A poem in response to Logion 28 from the Gospel of Thomas

I am curled up in a ball. Tight. Wound in on myself.
Drunk on living the way everyone wants me to live. Being who is expected of me. The good girl. Making everyone happy.

And then…

          It happens.



I begin to uncurl… unfurl.. and stand. Like a seedling emerging from its seed tomb.

I awaken and shed my old dragon skin.

The fear can no longer control me.

I stand

          and turn…


  open to the wind and whisper of Yeshua's breath.


Yeshua says,

I stood to my feet
In the midst of the cosmos,
Appearing outwardly in flesh.
I discovered that all were drunk
And none were thirsty,
And my soul ached for
The children of humanity.
For their hearts are blind
And they cannot see from within.
They have come into the cosmos empty
And they are leaving it empty.
At the moment they are drunk,
But when they rid themselves of their wine,
They too will turn and stand.

(Logion 28)

No comments:

Post a Comment