Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Baptismal Banners

Three and a half years ago, I started making baptismal banners for those who are baptized at our church.  I think it's such a beautiful and welcoming idea.

For the first time in my ministry career, two high school youth asked to be baptized.  

At Holden Village.

In May.

Everything worked out -- it was such a holy and blessed event.

Today I finally finished their baptismal banners.

I created a waterfall symbol to remind the girls of their Holy Spirit bath -- and to remind them of Holden, where they were baptized.



The banners hang in the back of our church for one year.  On their first baptismal birthday, they get to take them home and hang them up -- a daily reminder of being splashed in God's waters.


A reminder that they Walk Wet every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment