Monday, September 19, 2011

Bathroom Monday

It's Monday.

          So I clean my bathroom.



I love a clean bathroom.

A clean bathroom is inviting

               welcoming

                              fresh

      and . . . . well . . . clean.


I can feel ok putting my baby girl on the floor when I have to.


I've never been great with chores until I finally started putting them on a schedule.  I'm good with schedules.  And check-lists.  And charts.  And anything that puts thoughts into neat and tidy packages.

I'm not good with scattered.  Though many times that's how I roll.

But I've finally reeled in my chores and they are scattered no longer.  And now I enjoy them.  And even look forward to them.   (On Thursdays I may look at my bathroom, give a sigh, and then comfort myself with the fact that it will be taken care of on Monday.)

Nice.

Do all humans thrive on order?  Or just some . . . ?

     Are there people out there that thrive on chaos?

 Though my desk is chaos . . . and my many piles of mail . . . and piles of piles piled inside bags piled on each other under my desk to be taken care of when I have time . . .  I don't thrive on that.  It actually sucks me dry.

I thrive on order . . . and a tidy little seven day schedule.


Maybe we were created that way . . . (you think?)

                        with some extra time just to rest.

Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment