Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Run

As I tightened the black laces on my retired sneakers, I could feel it:  it was the evening for the perfect run.

      the warm summer air full and expectant  --
           a whisper-breeze light on my skin

My lungs:  squeezed and full

   My legs: strong and stretched

       My body in a place of physical happiness.

Photo by Hillary Kalmbach, Moses Lake

And then a feast for the eyes . . .

       Pink-grey clouds thick and churning in stillness . . .
                               
                                      a feather-soft heaviness in the sky

 suddenly . . . amazingly . . .

           flooded by gold       cracking through the cloud seams --
             
                    breaking through darkness
           
                            splitting the sky into golden shards of beauty.


The work of a master artist --  with impeccable timing -- in a grand show for those who dare to see.

Who dare to believe

Brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment