Sunday, November 8, 2009

All Together Now


What does it mean when everything is going smoothly and you feel you have it all together?

Disaster will soon strike? Your mood will fall? Something will crash? Perhaps a trip to the emergency room?

Something . . .

Anything . . .

Or could I possibly be optimistic enough to believe that all's well that is well.

Is it luck?
or blessing?
a strange roll of the dice?
favoritism?
my optimistic mind set?

I guess other people may not describe a house in this state of mess as "having it all together".

But I've come to chose my togetherness.

So, I may not be able to walk across the living room floo
r without seriously injuring a foot; half my head of hair is tangly-entwined in the carpet; I'm currently surrounded by piles that reach my elbows.

But I sewed a Halloween costume, planned a birthday party, get my pictures on my picasa site every month, remember baptismal birthdays, mail family pictures to my grandmas every month, exercise at least five days a week, sleep in, have tea parties, and waste time on facebook.

And that is my definition of having it all together. Being able to do the things I love to do; keep on top of the things that I deem unavoidable (paying bills), and smile and nod at the things that others may shake their head at, but I've come to believe doesn't make or break my day.


So maybe having it all together just means I'm ready for the next challenge.

Or maybe I just need to have more tea parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment