Saturday, June 16, 2012

June Market

I have been unhurried lately.

I like that.

It's one of my favorite things to be.


I like sitting on a concrete step, biting into chewy dried apples as I watch my three sweets run and play after an unhurried stroll through the Farmer's Market.


I love catching moments -- like Finley hiding apple pieces behind her back so that she can ask for more.


I love the unbounded glee of hearing children shout, "Do you wanna see what I can do?" "Watch me!"


I love the warmth of plump tomatoes in my hand and the earthy smell of fresh lettuce.

I love following the lead of my wandering boys -- bubblegum snow cones in hand -- strolling, relaxed and unhurried, down the sidewalk bursting with scents and sounds and sights.


I love the pace of a warm June morning at the Market.


Lovely.

1 comment: